RUG DOCTOR RENTAL SUPPORT
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed. Please read the instructions below if you are unfamiliar with these precautions, especially if you are a first-time Rug Doctor® user.
- Do not leave the machine while plugged in. Unplug it from the outlet when not in use and before servicing.
- Use the appliance indoors only to reduce risk of electric shock.
- Do not allow the machine to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use the appliance only as directed on this website. Use only the manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not use an appliance with a damaged cord or plug. If the appliance is not working as it should or has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
- Do not pull or carry the machine by the cord, use the cord as a handle, close a door on the cord, or pull the cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run the machine over its cord. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug the appliance by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle the plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into appliance openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use the machine to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use the machine to pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not use the machine without filters in place.
- Connect the appliance to a properly grounded outlet only. See grounding instructions below for more information.
- Use the machine only on surfaces moistened by the cleaning process or small spills. Do not place the machine in standing water or try to clear flooded areas.
- Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
- Do not use the machine without the upper white tank in place.
- The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
- This appliance is for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit, and has a grounded plug.
- Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electrical shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in doubt as to whether your outlet is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance. If it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
When using the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, care should be taken to ensure the power cord is not damaged by sharp objects or excessive bending, pulling or pinching. When your cleaning task has been completed, the power cord should be stored by wrapping it around the cord hooks on the handle. Tuck the plug between the layers of cord.